Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rehab

I've had the cast off for almost 3 weeks. It has been good, but still hard.  My personality type wants to start exercising again, the day I don't have crutches anymore, but that isn't anywhere near the best for me or for my recovery.  I have been doing fairly well with the exercises from the Physical Therapist, to say it is painful is an understatement, but I do it anyway.  I did graduate out of PT until I get my boot off, and made the therapists afternoon pretty easy, so I was glad I could help!!
When they tell you have to relearn to walk it doesn't really sink in until your foot won't do anything you want it to.  I get these shooting, shocking pains in my heel and ankle which really hurt. Trying to be thankful for them because it is a good sign, meaning the nerve endings are starting to feel again, which is really important when you relearn to walk.
This makes me think of my spiritual life, sometimes I see painful experiences as just that, painful--but maybe just maybe we need those shooting, shocking pains to learn or relearn the truth of Gods word.  I'm not saying pain is easy, but it is inevitable and suffering doesn't have to be.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your stuff. It makes me think, and I like to do that sometimes. :o

    ReplyDelete