Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tribute to Kaleb

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but life has taken over.  With all the snow days and conference days, Gage is just starting to get back in his routine, but I have still learned a very important life lesson from my nephew.  My nephew  is a little more than a nephew to my family he lived with us for a while in his younger years, so there is an investment there.  My nephew, Kaleb had an accident Saturday while wrestling for his high school.  He is a freshman, wrestling varsity so he is pretty talented, and you know I'm not just biased!  Kaleb's accident broke his neck and caused a stroke, his life is changed.  Thankfully he is not paralyzed!! His dad and him prayed before that match for Kaleb's safety, Kaleb sees his prayers as answered, God kept him from being paralyzed. This is one of the lessons I learned, to see the blessings in a chaotic, messy, painful situation. I'm not very good at seeing this some days. The other lesson I learned from my nephew is to be thankful for the little things, the things we take for granted everyday.  I have a friend that sometimes when I'm getting down says "well at least you can wipe your own butt" She's right! After seeing Kaleb scratch his nose and saying "man its good to scratch my own nose" I will never be the same.  Thanks Kaleb, I love you so much and am so proud of you no matter what you do. God is good all the time.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment