Thursday, February 3, 2011

Conversation #2

Last week I said I had two conversations with my children, but I only told you about one of them. The second conversation was with my daughter, we were talking about school and she was telling me who she sits beside in one of her classes.  I knew this other girl and we were talking about some of the things going on in this young women's life. I say to Jaden "You should invite her to the next outreach at church." Jaden was a little hesitant, and I continue, "if we won't reach out to those we know, how can we reach out to those we don't?"

BOOM!!
Did I just say that?? How many times in the last year have I reached out?   Hmm I hate being convicted, especially when I'm trying to teach my kids a lesson. I need to put my money where my mouth is.  I'm trying to practice what I preach, unfortunately this week, some things were canceled due to weather.  But I don't need to wait for a special outreach at church, I need to get out of my comfort zone sometimes and reach out in my daily life.


Matthew 5:16 

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Love being a parent, don't you? Good question to think and act on! Hope the weather treats you all a bit better these coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete