Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolve

I am not a big believer in New Years resolutions, but I do believe in making change, setting goals, and bettering yourself.  My resolution this year was not to make resolutions, so I guess I have succeeded!  Resolution means to make a firm decision to do something, a steadfastness, maybe even stubbornness.  So how can that really work in the real world?  I make a resolution to read everyday, I am firm in my decision, I am even stubborn in reading everyday. I do whatever I can to get my reading in everyday, but at what cost?  Thats probably why the fitness centers are empty by March, the cost was too much, even if the cost was just getting off the couch and showing up to the fitness center.
 I am learning, with both my children, that I have to resolve every day to be open to change.  To be ready for change. My stubbornness, my steadfastness is in the form of allowing life to be life. To allow the unexpected to happen. To see a perspective I may have not seen. To love each person differently. To treat others beyond what they expect. To even expect difficulty, hardships, disappointments, & frustrations, but not to focus on them. To let them be what they are, and eventually find the good in them.  
Both my children help me do this, one is so laid back, the other is so obsessively self-controlled, I can't help but see the irony.  In every situation, one or the other of them reminds me that Life is Life and I can't control it.


Romans 8:28 (The Message)


 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment