Sunday, January 30, 2011

quiet!!!

This week was a little chaotic with all the doctor and dentist appointments, sick kids, and just our regular schedule. I had a couple of times this week when conversations with my children ended up in conviction to me, not because of what they said but God speaking through them.
The first conversation was with my little guy on the way to pick up sissy from school, I had asked him if he wanted to listen to a cd, his response "mommy let's turn everything off and sit in the quietness of God." This totally hit me like a ton of bricks. Here is my 5 year old speaking wisdom of a seasoned Christian, but unfortunately not from my example. We are so used to the noise these days we forget what quietness is, to sit and be still seems like such a chore. But we did, we turned everything off and just sat in the quietness. It was wonderful, for one Gage was quiet, but also to just let my thoughts be, whether it was in prayer or just thinking. My thoughts were mine, not someone else's I was not bombarded with music or talk, I was responsible for my thoughts. I'm not saying listening to music, talk radio, or watching tv, etc, is all bad all I'm saying is sometimes we just need to "sit in the quietness of God"
Psalm 46:10a
Be still and know that I am God.

P.S. the 2nd conversation is for another day!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

1 comment: