Friday, January 21, 2011

FRIENDSHIPS

I've been thinking a lot about friendships. My daughter complains that she doesn't have very many friends since she switched schools, but I can't remember a weekend she hasn't been invited to something. My son makes friends everywhere where he goes, he has the "pirate" friend he met at the storage unit, the fed-ex friend, the dominoes friends from the Y, & his inanimate friends like "lampy" & "boardy". So you can imagine his disappoint when he came to me and said " I can't wait to be old enough to be on Facebook,so I can have lots of friends" and I say " when you get old enough for Facebook it probably won't be around." Non stop sobbing occurred and we invented the "facebook" he would have when he was old enough.
But that got me thinking. How many friends do you have on Facebook? How often do you get online to check the status of your "friends"? How many of us keep up with friends on Twitter? Don't get me wrong I love Facebook, I post everyday & its been great for re-connecting with old friends. My thought isn't just about online friends, but our physical, touchable, breathing friends, that we have coffee with, go to the movies with, have playdates, or call on in an emergency. My thought you see is how often, how much energy, and time I put into making sure these friendships remain "in good standing" and how often I put my friendship with God on the back burner. I know with all my heart how blessed I am with the friendships I have and know without a shadow of a doubt that they were/are given to me by God. So why don't I always spend the time with the giver? We all have our excuses, but one thing I do know, when my Friendship with the Creator is the most important relationship, all my other friendships are great too.

Jeremiah 17:5-8

CHECK OUT: Phillips, Craig & Dean video on YouTube "I am a friend of God"


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment